Wednesday 30 September 2009

Who Loves Salvadore Dali?

Salvadore Dali's Crucifiction

Can we have a show of hands please?  Dali’s art often leaves me breathless with shock as though each time were the first time I’d peeked.  And the first time I encountered his work was long before I’d taken up masturbation as my cross to bear (yes, it is indeed my sad lot in life to find compulsion ever at my fingertips). Some of the images he invokes on canvas are straight out of my most absurd and surreal dreams, whilst others are nearly pastorally serene. Though is any of his work truly free of the bizzarre or the sensational?

I thought Phil might especially appreciate this particular piece as  he enjoys a bit of religious iconography as much as the next man. Just not before morning coffee and that first delicious hands on treatment sure to bring out the best in Him.  Or the Beast.  Just today while practicing our hand and mouth dexterity skills, the Beast roared!  Obscene and explicit and wild, the Beast shouted to the stained glass rafters and startled a poor soul who chose that very moment to enter our hallowed halls.  It’s a good thing the Beast can beat a hasty retreat leaving nothing in his wake save shaking limbs and wanton glances.  Check out the following link as well to discover Karine Percheron-Danielsan’s interpretation of Dali that truly does him proud. Her work is remarkable in its own right, in my not so humble opinion.

http://www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk/yourgallery/artist_profile/Karine+Percheron-daniels/109766.html

Here’s to sharing a Dali moment with those you love most.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment