Thursday 17 September 2009

Service Book of Days 9/17/09

  • Outside the window of the train…it is still dark outside as I have been going into to work a bit early to make up some time.  I’m always amazed at the amount of people who are out of the house and moving and 5am.
  • my thoughts…are clear, peaceful and energetic…lol  I have a lot of stuff to do and a lot of energy to do it with.  This amazes me because I feel like for the past year of so my energy level has been non existent, my head has been cloudy and stuff has been happening around me.  Like I have been operating singular focussed.  Now I feel like I can actually participate fully in life.
  • Today’s Quote… Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly. Epictetus   From the Merriam Webster online dictions:  adorn implies an enhancing by something beautiful in itself.  

    I love this quote.   I love things that are simple yet effective.  I find I complicate things way more than necessary anyway.  I know I am Master’s slave and I adorn myself with His mastery, with His love,  with submission to my Master, grace, honesty, commitment, and willingness to be His fully.

  • i am thankful for…the small things in life and the clarity to see how important they are.
  • From my service training…I am sinking fully into my space with Master and learning how more and more my submission to him changes my entire life.  The skills I learn in speaking, cooking, presenting myself, accountability,  and relating to him transfer to every part of my life in dealing with kids, family, co-workers.  Feels really good to “live life wide awake”.
  • From the kitchen… tonight I would like to try something different to cook so I will be searching for a quick but delicious recipe to fix for the kiddies
  • i am wearing…black pants, black boots, black shirt with a white shrug
  • i am creating…order and clarity.  I am looking to find a cleansing ritual for my house.  I think I will stop by the local shop that sells stones and such to see if they can help me find something
  • my adventures this week… starting back to the gym…today…Thursday
  • Becoming well read…A dragonfly in Amber…The Compleat Slave by Jack Rinella…listening slowly to the Four Agreements (again)
  • Today’s Melody… And I gave my Love to you…by Sonja Marie  (Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack)  I wasn’t to enthused about the movie but I love, love the soundtrack.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrqOYlSZujA
  • One of my favorite things…is to decompress with my kids after their day at school.  Just chatting about stuff that happened to them that day and hanging.
  • Still….life… mmmmmmm ice

  

 Photo used per Creative Commons.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/64/Black_ice_growler_texture_upernavik_2007-07-07.jpg

 Master Void’s esclave

Interested in knowing where the idea for my weekly post came from…click this link.  You will also find some great ideas on service even if you are without someone to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment