Saturday 26 September 2009

Kapital Kink over and done with

Well, Kapital Kink finally came and went.

I had fun setting up for the fetball.  I liked hanging around with the folks I was hanging around with, and I liked putting stuff up and being useful.  I liked working at the door during it because I got to talk with people and hang around.  I am not really one to go out alone into a full, loud room, and make friends. But with something to do and a reason to be standing around cahtting I am happy.   I found out that a fet ball is basically what I imagained it to be and of very little appeal in and of itself.  I am really not a fetishist.

All the workshops I went to were great.

Andrea Zannin’s Dance of D/s workshop was first.  I actually wasn’t intending on going to it, but then I did anyway.  I was glad I did because it didn’t involve the “hands on” that sounded intensely awkward in a group of mostly strangers.

Then there was a discussion about rope bottoming which was a bit interesting.  There was some discussion about consent and rules about obtaining consent.  Someone expressed the opinion that if a bottom doesn’t safeword, a top is absolved of responsibility for their actions, which made me want to scream for various different reasons. It made me feel good that other people challenged him about this, because actually I think that idea is flat out Wrong and Dangerous.  (And this I know from hard Experience which I will not relate here.)

This was followed by a presentation by Morpheous about using finer cords than usual, like yarn and thread, to tie up fingers and toes.  I liked the fingers the best, personally.  It was totally cute when he tied the fingers of his bottom (sub I think?) and then made her go get him a drink.  Maybe I will do it to myself and take a picture, but I will definitely have to get someone to help with the camera for that.

And at the end Sir Dart gave exactly the kind of workshop I wanted to go to about rope: it was about the interpersonal dynamics of tying someone up.  I have to say that out of everyone I met the whole weekend, Dart was the sexiest.  As part of his workshop, he tied my friend up, and I was so incredibly jealous the whole time.

And while all this was going on I got to meet some awesome folks and made some more friends in Ottawa, I think.  I hope to keep in touch with these folks once i get back from Toronto (if I ever get there…).

No comments:

Post a Comment